[OpenAFS] subject: vos restore problem (openafs-1.2.9)

Bogdan Lobodzinski bogdan@ifh.de
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:47:23 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

    during restoring (vos restore) of the AFS volumes I discovered that
the length of the dump file is limited up to the 80.
If the length of the dump-file-name is > 80 then the dump-file-name part:

strlen( dump-file-name ) - 80

is used as a restored AFS volume name instead of <name of volume to be
restored>, which is not taking into account.
I guess it is not a correct behavior.

The simplest way to avoid this effect is to increase the file-name limit
(NameLen).
Maybe somebody knows what kinds of side effects we can find when we put:
#define NameLen 256
?

If somebody would like to put into the dump-file-name dumped AFS volume
name, date, dump level and others, than the size
NameLen = 80
is definitely to small.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,