[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on OpenBSD-current (ELF)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:18:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Brent Graveland wrote:

> I didn't like the idea either, but this is equivilent, no?  You don't

No. You don't add a symbol to the kernel for anyone else to get at.

> gain any of the benifits of the 'n' functions if you just hardcode the
> lengths. The only benifit to this I see is that you don't have to
> recompile the kernel. strcat is also an issue, would you not need
>
> #define strcat(s1, s2)	strncat((s1), (s2), 65535)
>
> to make this work as well?
>
> I don't suppose there are any plans on getting rid of strcpy and strcat
> in afs?  If I manage the time (going to be moving soon) I may start
> whacking away at these functions in afs and submitting patches. I just
> seems "wrong" to alias str{cat,cpy} to the 'n' functions.

Not a big deal, but make sure you test the stuff. At some point IBM did
something to the kaserver which broke it for some uses due to a botched
str->strn patch.