[OpenAFS] OpenAFS speed - some benchmarks

David Bishop tech@bishop.dhs.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:28:44 -0600

--Boundary-02=_PQh++cnZCfiAQH2

> Is this a reasonable goal?  Or would it be better to create a much
> easier setup system to reduce the overhead and learning curve of
> setting up a new AFS Cell?  In other words, "run this script and
> you'll have your new cell setup while you hold your breath"?

This option would not only make it easier to do as he requests, but would a=
lso=20
reduce the amount of frustration new users feel when trying to migrate to=20
afs, help promote the use of afs in general, and make me very, very, happy.

Your choice as to which of the four reasons is most important :-)

=2D-=20
"Sorry about the whole 'bomb' thing" - Bruce Rollins
D.A.Bishop

--Boundary-02=_PQh++cnZCfiAQH2

--Boundary-02=_PQh++cnZCfiAQH2--