[OpenAFS] OpenAFS speed - some benchmarks

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:58:26 -0700

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> Yes, very.  And I know there was previous discussion of that, and I was
>> sort of indirectly hinting at my support for that discussion.  :)

> A code drop would also make a good hint :-P

I know.  *wry heh*.  We're getting there.  I've been pushing to get the
university to allocate real resources to OpenAFS development for a little
over a year now, and I'm making steady, if slow, progress.

> Worst case: add
> system("aklog realm");
> system("aklog realm2");
> system("aklog realm3");

> etc in your login program. There are cleaner ways but this conveys the
> point.

Point.  Maybe we'd be better off exploring that.