[OpenAFS] Problems with Solaris 2.6 File Server

Rogelio Bazan Reyes rogbazan@hotmail.com
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:02:29 +0000

I have been having several problems with a file server running in a Solaris
2.6 machine. The afs version is IBM AFS 3.4 5.74.
The problem is that apparently the services are running correctly, but the
volumes in that file server are unaccessibles, the error, when you try to
access a volume, is like "volume_name is timed out".

If i try to list the volumes in that server, i get messages like:

Could not fetch the list of volumes from the server
Possible communication failure
Error in vos listvol command
Possible communication failure

When i ran the "bos status server_name" command the message i got was:

Instance runntp, currently running normally.
Instance fs, currently running normally.
   Auxiliary status is: file server running.

I tried to shutdown the bosserver, with "bos shutdown server_name", and
donīt send any message, but the bosserver and fileserver processes were
still running. I killed these processes and start, newly, the bosserver
service. Everything is ok, but i couldnīt know what was the cause of that
problem.

Could you help me????????????????