[OpenAFS] AFS tokens, PAM and FTP

Chris Crowther chrisc@shad0w.org.uk
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:09:38 +0100

Hey All,

	OK, well I've poked google around, looked at archives and so far all I've
actually amanged to do is confuse myself slightly more (this is an
achievement, I live in a permanent state of bewilderment).

	I'm trying to get proftpd to work with AFS by way of PAM.  I have
pam_openafs_session grabbing tokens using the tickets grabbed by pam_krb5, as
far as I can tell from the log files this is actually working.  Kerberos is
issuing the ticket, the token is also getting issued and pam_openafs_session
is saying that it got the token.

	Now, somewhere between getting the token and proftpd trying to cd into a
user's home directory (which has an ACL on it only pemitting them to get in)
the token is buggering off somewhere because it (proftpd) can't do it.

	Erm, so - help?  Anybody got any ideas?  Or even a miracle cure, which would
be very nice.

--
Chris "_Shad0w_" Crowther
chrisc@shad0w.org.uk