[OpenAFS] sprintf -> snprintf...

Joshua Johnson joshua.johnson@ftlsys.com
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:47:59 -0500

Ok,

	I want to verify that patches for sprintf -> snprintf _will_ be accepted
if someone posts them to openafs-devel or openafs-info.

	I was just browsing the src and cannot justify leaving these as too many
of them are just too straightforward.

	A quick look into the systems I have access to shows that snprintf is
stock on:

	AIX 4.3.3 (with a define)
	AIX >5.1
	Solaris >2.6
	HPUX 11
	Linux >libc4.5
	BSD >4.4 (*BSD, OS-X, and Darwin are included by default I believe)
	Win 95 & NT (_snprintf)

	I don't know about:

	Digital UNIX
	SGI Irix

	Even if they don't have snprintf stock there is a snprintf package that
can be download and built to supply a *.o.

	So it shouldn't be a matter of portability.

	To make things a little easier, could someone tell me the preferred
incantation of diff?

	Also, could someone write a DIRECTORY or INDEX txt file on the root of the
src tree to give the first-timer an overview of what is to be found in each
subdirectory?  Many things are easily recognised (bos,vol, etc. etc.), but
having a one-liner description would be pretty helpful.

Best,

Josh