[OpenAFS] I'm my own worst enemy sometimes...

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch@adelphia.net
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:04:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> Replicating your home directory doesn't do what you want. We know that.
> Don't do it, and you won't have that problem.

Derrick,

Thanks for giving me a nudge in the right direction.  I wasn't seeing the
forrest for the trees.  Now that I have thought about things, the
semantics I was expecting were unreasonable.  Naturally, anything added or
changed directly inside a replicated volume must occur on the
/afs/.my_cell path.  Once I added an /afs/.my_cell/u volume (without
replication) I could operate on it through /afs/my_cell/u/blah, blah.

So, to make sure I understand, one should never replicate anything below
/afs/my_cell ?

Steve