[OpenAFS] covering bases: hangs and halts, rh7.3 w/2.4.20-18.7 kernel, OpenAFS 1.2.9

Lee Damon nomad@ssli-mail.ee.washington.edu
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:12:50 -0700

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Lee Damon wrote:
>
> > We are having serious reliability issues with our Red Hat 7.3 boxes running
> > the newest kernel (2.4.20-18.7) and OpenAFS 1.2.9.  I compiled the kernel
> > modules exactly the same way I have in the past (no errors, no problems
> > reported).
> >
> > The systems will run fine for anywhere from 30 minutes to multiple days,
> > then crash/hang/totally-lock-up with either:
> > 	1. scrolling messages going so fast they can't be read.  (Here's
> > 		a very small sample)
>

> Can you serially console and try to get a full oops?
>
> > Jun 29 12:45:32 bird5 kernel: [<c02031bf>] ip_finish_output2 [kernel] 0xaf
> > (0xd9
> > 34ccb8))

We're working on that, but it's hard to do since we can't predict
which machine is going to have the problem in the next few days.

nomad
 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
work: nomad@ee.washington.edu                                      \
play: nomad@castle.org    or castle!nomad                           \
                                                                    /\
Sr. Systems Admin, UWEE SSLI Lab                                   /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \