[OpenAFS] Openafs-Client and Windows

Paul Blackburn mpb@est.ibm.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:38:52 +0000

Thomas Niedermeier wrote:

>Hello List,
>
>we are using AFS as one of our central Filesystems for our
>UNIX/Linux-people. Our Windows-people using the OPEN-AFS Client 1.2.6 to
>get access to afs. Now we run in some problems with the windows-client.
>Most of the problems are the result of a Design Failure of the client. I
>noticed that most of the developers are Unix-guys and have less or no
>idea how windows works in an multiuser-environment. So here are
>something from an windows-admin:
>
>Problems:

[ text deleted ]

Hello Thomas,

FWIW, I use a Linux (which has a very nice OpenAFS client)
and use WINE [0] when  I need to do something Windozy.

One nice thing about WINE is that you do not need a Windoze license.
--
cheers
paul                          http://acm.org/~mpb

"Windows: just another pane in the glass." -- unknown           :-)