[OpenAFS] AFS installation problem in RedHat 8

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
04 Mar 2003 09:36:49 -0500

Check /etc/hosts and make sure your hostname is associated with
your net-10 address and not the localhost address.  Just because
ifconfig reports you have an IP address does not mean your machine
THINKS it has an IP Address..  And that does not imply that NAMESERVICE
thinks it has an IP Address....

-derek