[OpenAFS] redoing the install

Noel Burton-Krahn noel@burton-krahn.com
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:15:16 -0800

I love OpenAFS!  I've developed a preconfigured OpenAFS/email server for
offices at www.bkbox.com.

But, my users are having real troubles following the install process.  They
keep stumbling over downloading the CellServDB and doing the right drive
mapping.

So, I'd like to make my own custom install script that sets drive letters
and the CellServDB right for my site.

The question is, what tasks does install have to do?  Let's say I rebuild
the source.  Exactly what files have to go where?  I'd be happy to share my
new install package and upgrade from IS5.

Building the sourec is a problem though. I've got the OpenAFS source, but
I'm missing InstallShield5 and the NT4 DDK.

--Noel