[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.8 and 2.4.18-18SGI_XFS_1.2.0

James D. Nurmi jnurmi@qwe.cc
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:37:20 -0500

One other thought, I had some issues w/ XFS and AFS that might be of
note...  if my cache was on XFS, I had to wipe it prior to loading the
module, else get a kernel oops, and even then it hung and oopsd after a
few days...   The end solution was to create an ext2 partition and host
it there, (or a pseudo partition via dd & mkfs)...

I know you wont see oops unless you're at the console, and when I was
getting them, it hung during the "starting afs" phaze, with little to no
other output... have you checked dmesg output or the logs? they may give
some clue as to where its hung...

James