[OpenAFS] humungous disk caches

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
12 Mar 2003 20:04:36 -0500

Gee, and just a couple years ago I thought a 1G cache was too big..
It used to be that even a 1G cache would take HOURS to create, let
alone anything bigger.  That was fixed, but there are other limits
to the caching, as you're seeing.

Honestly, I think you'll run into a bunch of other hashtable
limitations when you get that big.  I also think you'll find that the
cache (as it's currently implemented) works better if it's smaller.

How big are these files that you're dealing with?

-derek