[OpenAFS] humungous disk caches

Bryan Bayerdorffer bryan@spd.analog.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:48:43 -0600

Setting aside the question of whether a huge cache is a good idea, what's the
largest client disk cache that can be configured?  I can get 16GB so far with
-chunksize 18 and -files 65536, but a chunksize of 19 causes accesses to /afs
to hang, as does doubling the number of files (cacheinfo is always set
correspondingly).

What causes the hangs?  I'm using -dcache 3600 right now.  Does this value
correlate to the cache size in any way other than performance?

The clients are openMosix cluster nodes, and the cache is on reiserfs with -o
nolog,notail.

--
Bryan Bayerdorffer        bryan@meatspace.net           bryan@spd.analog.com

"Man's chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own
species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to
infest the whole habitable earth and Canada."