[OpenAFS] Supported Platforms

Love lha@stacken.kth.se
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 10:35:54 +0100

"Henry B. Hotz" <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:

> What platforms are supported?
>
> I just naively tried to compile on a NetBSD/macppc machine and
> configure didn't know what afs-sysid to use.  config.guess correctly
> identifies the machine as powerpc-apple-netbsdelf1.6L.  Should I
> assume I have a porting job ahead of me (based on the OSX/Darwin
> version I suppose).

Since head of openafs runs on both NetBSD/1.6 alpha and NetBSD1/1.6 i386 it
shouldn't be too hard.

In fact, if I guess the config.guess name right (macppc-*-netbsd* ?)

http://people.su.se/~lha/patches/openafs/macppc

should get you quite far. Usully there is some #ifdef lossage involved in
new platforms, should be easy enough for you to fix.

Love

PS i've added netbsd 1.6M/2.0 support when I was in the same file...