[OpenAFS] selinux afs domain v 0.2

forrest whitcher fw@fwsystems.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:41:53 -0500

I've run across a problem on an SEL-based filserver that I've not seen or
been able to replicate elsewhere.

kernel 2.4.19 w/ nsa selinux patches
openafs-1.2.8
/vicepb is a software-raid-1 disk / ext2 (9 gb filesystem)

When this volume got to about 90% of capacity I started getting read errors,
indicating 'no space left on device' Interesting, as I was trying to read
the files, not write.

dmesg gives:
Mar 16 23:25:24 thing kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device
Mar 16 23:25:24 thing kernel: 09:01: rw=0, want=9630852, limit=9630848
Mar 16 23:25:24 thing kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device
Mar 16 23:25:24 thing kernel: 09:01: rw=0, want=9630856, limit=9630848

I can't think what would be particular to this instance .. SELinux does
maintain the 'PSID' cache noted below and that is going to have the
following affects:

Uses some indoes    .../security contains:

-rw-------    1 root     root           76 Jan 24 13:06 contexts
-rw-------    1 root     root           36 Jan 24 13:06 index
-rw-------    1 root     root      3648524 Mar 17 14:19 inodes

which isn't using a lot of space, so I'm not at all sure why I'm running
out with about a gig of space free in this 9g fs.

I think I'll ad an additional test on an available (raid) fs and
see what happens when it fills.

Questions in ref to the use of NAMEI

1. does this mean I now can fsck? ... that I should fsck?

2. So I could be using ext3 or jfs ... journaled filesystems? and
would there be any advantage in doing so?

forrest

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:48:47 +0100 (unchecked - local sync NTPstrat4)
tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de (Tino Schwarze) did inscribe thusly: