[OpenAFS] rsync on afs-client

Klaas Hagemann kerberos@northsailor.de
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:42:04 +0100

Hi,

how does the afs client work when doing rsync on the afs tree to another
host without afs?
Rsync only transfers the incremental changes, does the afs-client also
only load these changes over the network?
or is every file that is checked by rsync transferred totally over the
network to the afs cache?

We are still not sure how to do backup, our next idea is to take an afs
client and to rsync the whole afs directory tree.

Thanks for any help, thinks do not get easier when using different
architectures (ia64, on which i have not managed to start an afs server
up to now, but the afs client works fine).

Klaas