[OpenAFS] -dynroot problem on OSX

Lester Barrows barrows@email.arc.nasa.gov
Sat, 3 May 2003 12:52:18 -0700

Does the process eventually return with any messages to syslog? On Linux=20
systems where I've set up dynroot, something like this is expected behavi=
or=20
when AFS is initially started. That is, the AFS client apparently tries t=
o=20
contact all file servers. If it cannot, there is a timeout after which an=
=20
"unable to contact server" error is returned and the operation completes.=
=20
This only happens on the first access however. Is this similar to what yo=
u=20
are seeing?

Regards,

Lester Barrows