[OpenAFS] Solaris8 panic w/ patch 108528-20

Ray Pasetes rayp@fnal.gov
Wed, 07 May 2003 11:26:14 -0500

Hello,
	We have a Sun Ultra60 running Solaris8.  When we install the kernel
patch 108528-20, we consistently get a kernel panic when loading the AFS
module.  However, if we backed out to 108528-19 of the kernel
patch, everything was okay.  This was with either OpenAFS v1.2.9 or
Trnasarc AFS v3.6 patch#7.   After sending in the core files to sun for
analysis, this was their explanation:

"The system is panicing because the afs driver is calling
read_binding_file() during the modload.  This function
used to only take 2 arguments.  Starting in 108528-20, it
takes 3 arguments.  The AFS driver is not setting up the
thrid argument when it calls this function so the system
panics.  read_binding_file() is private to the Solaris kernel.
3rd party modules are not permitted to call this interface."

I was wondering of anyone else had encountered this problem.

Thanks for any help,
Ray Pasetes