[OpenAFS] openafs and krb5 provided by active directory

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 12 May 2003 21:57:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 May 2003 rohitm@engr.uconn.edu wrote:

> Hello I am implementing an OpenAFS solution in our testing
> room, and I was wondering if anyone successfully configured
> OpenAFS to use the user/password database provide by Windows
> 2000 Active Directory.  Are there any hidden gotchas
> to implementing such a solution?  Any good tutorials/shortcuts
> recommended?

I have not done so, but the only sticky thing should be getting a key for
the user "afs" either into or out of the Active Directory KDC. It actually
shouldn't be that hard, since they use a standard string to key on
passwords, but I've never tried.