[OpenAFS] OpenAFS server behind NAT?

Todd DeSantis atd@us.ibm.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 11:28:23 -0400

Hi Noel:

I do not use NetRestrict.

And you just have to have the server side set in
/usr/afs/local.

Your NetInfo file

# NetInfo
1.2.3.4
f 192.168.1.1

seems OK.  I am assuming that the 1.2.3.4 is the REAL IP
address of the fileserver machine.

And then 192.168.1.1 is the dedicated fake IP address
that the remote clients would use to get to your fileserver.

Thanks

Todd

                      "Noel
                      Burton-Krahn"            To:       Todd DeSantis/Pittsburgh/IBM@ibmus
                      <noel@bkbox.com>         cc:       <openafs-info@openafs.org>
                                               Subject:  Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS server behind NAT?
                      05/20/2003 10:40
                      AM

Thanks for the tip, Todd.  So, let me confirm.  If my NAT firewall has
address 1.2.3.4, and it forwards to my AFS server at 192.168.1.1, then my
NetInfo should be:

# NetInfo
1.2.3.4
f 192.168.1.1

and should I have an empty NetRestrict?

Should these files be exactly the same in /usr/afs/etc and /usr/vice/local?

Thanks again,
Noel