[OpenAFS] Knfs doesn't work on an AFS/NFS translator under OpenAFS

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 20 May 2003 14:40:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Renata Maria Dart wrote:

> Hi, we have been running an AFS/NFS translator for years under
> Transarc AFS.  As part of our migration to OpenAFS, I just tested
> the translator on a solaris 9 system running OpenAFS 1.2.9
> and found that it only works to a limited degree.  It allows me
> to read files in my AFS home directory, but I cannot get write
> privileges with the knfs command.  I get the following:
>
> renata@afstrans $ 10:41 knfs -host some-nfs-client
> knfs: failed to copy tokens (code 22)

Hmmm. I don't know that I tested that. I never had a Solaris 9 system to
do any testing on, and honestly I still don't. I can try Solaris 8 in the
near future; Of course, if it works that's not really helpful.