[OpenAFS] High disponibility of Open afs

Parasote Laurent Laurent.Parasote@atosorigin.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 16:59:36 +0200

Hi
We are trying open AFS, actually on Linux servers with Raid Disks. We =
are
searching for a high disponibility and open source solution for web =
hosting.
I don't know how to configure OpenAFS file servers in order to have
replication on many servers, but in RW, not RO!

I've configured two File servers with the same cell, one with the RW
partitions and one with the RO. If the link or the hardware of the main
server fails, the second is also inoperant! Why? Is it possible to get =
high
RW disponibility?

(I apologize for my poor technical english...)

Laurent Parasote
Atos Origin - Multimedia Activity=20
laurent.parasote@atosorigin.com
Tel : +33 3 20 60 85 18 - Fax : +33 3 20 60 85 02=20
Web Site : <http://www.atosorigin.com/>=20

Ce message est strictement confidentiel. Son int=E9grit=E9 n'est pas =
assur=E9e sur
Internet. Le contenu de ce message ne peut engager la responsabilit=E9 =
du
groupe Atos Origin. Si vous n'=EAtes pas destinataire du message, merci =
d'en
avertir imm=E9diatement l'exp=E9diteur et de le d=E9truire.
Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette
transmission exempte de tout virus, l'exp=E9diteur ne donne aucune =
garantie =E0
cet =E9gard et sa responsabilit=E9 ne saurait =EAtre recherch=E9e pour =
tout dommage
r=E9sultant d'un virus transmis.=20

This e-mail is privileged and may contain confidential information =
intended
only for the person(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in =
error,
please notify the sender immediately by telephone or return e-mail.
Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus free =
network,
the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and =
will
not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.