[OpenAFS] High disponibility of Open afs

Rudolph T Maceyko rtm@cert.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 23:08:35 -0400

--On Wednesday, May 21, 2003 11:37:34 -0400 Derrick J Brashear
<shadow@dementia.org> wrote:

>> > We are searching for a high disponibility and open source solution
>> > for web hosting
>>
>> I've never encountered the term "disponibility" before/  Google turns
>> up references to it, but primarily in English texts written by
>> non-English writers.
>
> I guessed disponible was the French word for available, and answered
> accordingly;-)

OK, but the *English* word "disponibility" means something closer to
"flexibility" than to "availability".  (Check OED.)  I think we have a
false cognate/borrowing here...

Way off topic, I know...  :-)

Rudy