[OpenAFS] OpenBSD and softupdates on server?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
27 May 2003 20:27:19 -0400

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 20:22, Brent Graveland wrote:
> Ian Delahorne wrote:
> > Has anyone tried running a fileserver on OpenBSD with softupdates?
>
> i386, on 3.3, and 3.3-current up to the elf switchover, all with
> softupdates.
>
> I don't think that the server ever has issues with the type of
> filesystem that vicpX is on when using namei, no?

I wouldn't expect it to have issues at all; softupdates isn't a
filesystem format change, it's a strategy for staging writes to disk.

--
brandon s allbery [openafs/solaris/japh/freebsd] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [linux/heimdal/too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu