[OpenAFS] System plan

Sandor Feher sfeher@bluesystem.hu
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:16:39 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I need some confirmation that we are moving to the right direction.
We have four mars_nwe servers to serve our customers who use foxpro and
visual basic applications and handling quite big picture files. We'd like
to organize that four server into a single afs namespace. Nothing extra
just want to offer them to the users simplifying the login procedure and
create some backup and load balance capabilities. My collegue has read
somewhere that it's not recommended to use openafs for database purposes.
I don't know whether is it still true or what is the recommended solution
for foxpro and vb apps. Any idea would be appreciated.

thanks a lot., Sandor

--
...Fehér Sándor...            ---    ....Sandor Feher....
 fejlesztési vezető           ---     development manager

        mailto:sfeher@bluesystem.hu  http://www.bluesystem.hu