[OpenAFS] File size limit exceeded .. solutions ?!

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Sat, 08 Nov 2003 09:57:51 +0100

File size limit exceeded means you have a limit for your file size.
Check with "limit".
Probably you are on AIX where the default limit is set to 1 GB. Let the
administrator change this witch "smitty".

-Hartmut

Bernhard Gueth wrote:
> Hello everybody !
>
> I read about a file size limit of 2GB in AFS. Since I need big files to
> stay on the AFS, I tried to make:
> dd if=/dev/zero of=/afs/test/test.null size=1M count=3000
> and i got
> "File size limit exceeded".
> Digging in the net has not been very successful. Is there a way to get
> around the 2GB file size limit ? Is there anyone who wrote a patch to
> solve the problem ?
>
> Thanks alot
> bye
> b.g.

Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)