[OpenAFS] installing afs from source on Fedora 1

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:37:40 -0500

Working on getting openafs source rpm from redhat 9 to compile. If someone has
accomplished this and can save me some time... great!

Btw, the source from .tar.gz compiled fine on test 3, although, as I menioned
in an earlier post, UKERNEL was defined and should not have been which made
compiling stuff that depended on openafs not work.

Anyway, so far, with the rh9 srpm, have had to remove --enable-redhat-buildsys
as I was getting all type of weird errors.

Now, I'm getting : /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lkrb524
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [aklog] Error 1
+ exit 1

well, it seems that the krb5 rpms on fedora don't include a libkrb524 anymore.
Whether this is a redhat-ism or a difference between krb5 1.2 and 1.3, I don't
know.

--
David William Botsch