[OpenAFS] openafs 1.2.10 on fedora core 1.0

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:13:49 -0500

See below...

On 2003.11.12 14:19 Derek Atkins wrote:
> David Botsch <dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu> writes:
>
> > I've discovered one problem so far with the newly built rpms.
> >
> > On a SP machine, the name is:
> > 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
> >
> > fine.
>
> By "the name" you mean "output from uname -r"?

Yes. That exactly what I mean. The release.

> > On a MP machine, the name is:
> > 2.4.22-1.2115.nptlsmp
> >
> > kernel modules built are:
> >
> > libafs-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl-athlon/x86.o
> > and
> > libafs-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl-athlon/x86.mp.o
>
> Uhh, the slash is DEFINITELY going to be causing problems.  There's
> really a slash in the name?  If so the build script is going to HAVE
> to deal with it.

No, no slashes. I was just trying to be all-inclusive.

Modules built were named, for example:
libafs-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl-athlon.o
libafs-2.4.22.1.2115.nptl-athlon.mp.o
libafs-2.4.22.1.2115.nptl-i586.o
libafs-2.4.22.1.2115.nptl-i586.mp.o

and so on for i386 and i686

> > AFS is trying to load a module named:
> > libafs-2.4.22-1.2115.nptlsmp.mp.o
>
> I suspect this is due to the above issue and either afsmodname not
> dealing properly or something else causing problems.  I'd need to see
> the contents of <builddir>/libafs/, the contents of one of
> <builddir>/libafs/MODLOAD*/, the contents of
> <instdir>/usr/vice/etc/modload and the contents of
> <instdir>/usr/vice/etc/modload/SymTable to have a better idea of
> what's going on.

No problem with the name of the built modules. Just with the name of
the module afsd thinks it needs to load. It tries, on an smp machine,
to load a module named libafs-2.4.22-1.2115.nptlsmp.mp.o

so, unlike in previous versions of redhat, that "smp" string is getting
in there, somehow.
Taking a closer look, looks like the init.d script for starting afs
needs to be fixed.

--
David William Botsch