[OpenAFS] File size limit exceeded .. solutions ?!

R. Lindsay Todd toddr@rpi.edu
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:28:51 -0500

Bernhard,

     The CVS version (or latest snapshots) of OpenAFS "almost" have
large file support in them.  What is missing is the appropriate switch
to the "configure" script that will enable the large file code in the
server.  You can find the patch to add this on my OpenAFS large file web
page:

    http://www.rpi.edu/~toddr/Projects/OpenAFS/LFS/index.html

    If you try this, you should be aware that there is a problem with
the code at this point: When I create a volume on a large file file
server, it seems the root directory is corrupted.  The salvager can fix
it, and everything seems to work fine after that.  I am still trying to
track down what is going wrong.  Time has been scarce, though I am
hoping to put in some effort before the week is out.

/Lindsay

--
R. Lindsay Todd                      email: toddr@rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer            phone: 518-276-2605

The views, opinions, and judgments expressed in this message are
solely those of the author. The message contents have not been
reviewed or approved by Rensselaer.