[OpenAFS] afs database

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 03:26:18 -0500 (EST)

> >Do you not have the client software installed? I'm guessing that's the
> >client path debian's packages are compiled with.
>
> Yes I do. In fact, on the box that I first encountered this problem, I
> had and unsuccesful attempt at compiling from source. I figured that was
> the problem so I tried the same packages(downloaded via YAST connected
> to a SuSE mirror) on another box running the same exact OS and ran into
> the same problem. The one server that I have had success with is running
> the same OS but with rpm packages downloaded from a different
> source(forgot where) although, the version numbers are the same. Tried
> installing THOSE packages on both the other boxes but it didn't solve
> the problem. I then tried installing them on a fresh install of SuSE
> (unfortunately on a box that can't be used as an AFS server permanently)
> and it worked fine. So the answer appears to be a fresh install unless
> you have any other suggestions.

someone who isn't me sadly is a more likely candidate for knowing this, i
can only stab.

wait. suse? i thought we were talking about debian. the problem is every
distribution has its own set of paths and if you mix packages you'll be
sad. pick them from one source and you're at least likely to not lose.