[OpenAFS] rh9 + openafs 1.2.10

David Thompson thomas@cs.wisc.edu
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:33:45 -0600

We're trying to deploy Red Hat 9.  I'm running kernel 2.4.20-20.9, openafs
1.2.10 (_not_ Derek's RPMs - our own build from the openafs.org sources), and
I'm running into some strange failure modes.  What I'm seeing is random
processes hanging in the kernel (and never coming back), and/or unreasonably
long times reading data out of /afs.  It's not deterministic; I can run some
random program many times, and then once in a while it hangs in the kernel,
and all I can do is 'kill -9' the process.

Is this new?  Is anyone else seeing it?  Is there a fix somewhere in CVS?

Thanks.

Dave