[OpenAFS] when clients come up faster than servers

Christopher Allen Wing wingc@engin.umich.edu
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:45:31 -0500 (EST)

You can use the -dynroot afsd option; this will start up AFS and not
actually attempt to contact your cell's servers until a process actually
tries to use /afs.

The disadvantage is that /afs will be a fake directory created from the
contents of CellServDB, not the root.afs volume in your cell. (which is
problematic if you want to create anything special in /afs)

-Chris Wing
wingc@engin.umich.edu