[OpenAFS] rh9 + openafs 1.2.10

David Thompson thomas@cs.wisc.edu
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:12:44 -0600

Nick Burrett wrote:
>David Thompson wrote:
>> We're trying to deploy Red Hat 9.  I'm running kernel 2.4.20-20.9, openafs
>> 1.2.10 (_not_ Derek's RPMs - our own build from the openafs.org sources), an
>
>I'm also seeing this, though I can't kill the processes.  I thought it
>might be because I'm accessing /afs though a different location set by:
>
>$ mount --bind /afs /mount/foo/afs
>
>I'm using Derek's RPMs on a RedHat 9 server.  The client is a vanilla
>linux-2.4.22 machine with Derek's RPMs re-compiled to target that kernel.

I should have mentioned -- our servers are Sol 8 running IBM afs 3.6 2.39 and
rh7.2 running openafs 1.2.10, and we have ~1000 clients with a mix of Sol 8,
RH 7.2, and win2k, with a few other oddball clients.  The only ones I'm having
a problem with are the new RH 9 clients.

I'm trying to put together some more info on this and will post again when I
have something else to share.

Dave
Dave