[OpenAFS] client crash on SuSE SLES 8

Brian Jensen brian@jensen.org
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:51:49 -0500 (EST)

I'm having problems getting the 1.2.10 AFS client to run on SuSE SLES 8.
It builds OK, and the module seems to load fine, but the box crashes
immediately when I run afsd.  I've tried various incantations of afsd,
including -memcache, all with the same result.  Here's the error I'm
getting (current kernel is linux-2.4.19.SuSE-304, cache dir is ext2):

# /usr/vice/etc/afsd -nosettime -verbose
afsd: My home cell is 'rgplex1.event.ibm.com'
SScall(137, 28, 17)=0 afsd: Forking rx listener daemon.

...that is the last I hear from the box before it freezes.

I've seen various previous discussions of problems on SuSE (though not
specific to SLES), but I couldn't gather exactly what changes are needed.
My C programming skills are feeble, so I'm not sure what to try next.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

-Brian