[OpenAFS] rh9 + openafs 1.2.10

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:20:42 -0800

Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> writes:

> Yup, it'll work fine on Ultrix.  But on modern systems, you'll find that
> things like the dynamic linker and, on certain platforms, even
> establishing network connections, are completely impossible without the
> right devices. And you can't put devices in AFS.

You can, however, mount another file system on top of AFS, or at least
that was the standard advice for how to do anonymous FTP in AFS a while
back.  I believe it involved mounting tmpfs on Solaris over AFS to create
a /dev directory with the appropriate devices.

Not sure if this will also work on Red Hat 9.