[OpenAFS] Re: Windows TGS_REQ on alternate Netbios Names

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 16:09:19 -0500

At 11:53 PM 11/28/2003, Jason C. Wells wrote:

>I tried monkeying around with the "Running AFS on Loopback" that I read
>about in the AFS Wiki.  I later read your comments on disabling loopback
>hack. Knowing that a future release will not support the loopback hack, I
>decided against continuing it's use.

What do you mean AFS "will not support the loopback hack" in future
versions?  Where did you hear that?  I've just put all of our machines on
the loopback adapter to solve a number of issues.

Rodney

Rodney M. Dyer
Windows Systems Programmer
Mosaic Computing Group
William States Lee College of Engineering
Email: rmdyer@uncc.edu
Web: http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~rmdyer
Phone (704)687-3518
Help Desk Line (704)687-3150