[OpenAFS] Re: Windows TGS_REQ on alternate Netbios Names

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2@nyc.rr.com
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:18:19 -0500

Based upon the etypes list, this is a request coming from Windows
itself.  My guess is that since you are logged into the machine via the
Kerberos LSA, Windows is trying to authenticate the access to the SMB
name published by OpenAFS with Kerberos.

You will most likely have to add service principals to your KDC for the
-AFS extended host names if you want to avoid the error messages.
Remember that all of the principals for a given host have to use the
same password.

Jeffrey Altman