[OpenAFS] FreeBSD 4.x testers needed

Garance A Drosihn drosih@rpi.edu
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:41:58 -0400

At 12:23 PM -0400 10/2/03, Jim Rees wrote:
>There is some serious work going on now to get the client
>working on FreeBSD 5.x.  Some of this work also intrudes
>on the FreeBSD 4.x client, but none of us has a 4.x system
>or the time to do a lot of testing.
>
>So if you care about the 4.x client, I would appreciate it if
>you could try building from the cvs head or a recent snapshot,

a) how could I get a copy of 'cvs head'?  Anything like cvsup
    setup for openafs?  I could have sworn there were directions
    for this at the web site, but I can't seem to find them now.
b) the most recent snapshot seems to be from August 21st.
    Is that good enough?

>and apply this patch:
>
>http://lcs.mit.edu/~wollman/openafs-fbsd52.patch
>
>Even if you know nothing about coding, it would be useful to
>know whether this builds, and if so whether it runs.

Not sure how much I have for real testing, but I should be
able to at least try it out.