[OpenAFS] redhat 9 loopback client problems?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 12:32:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Musard, Kris wrote:

> The fileserver process is still running in the ps output.   A "bos status"
> shows that fs is running normally.  No core files are generated.  The "fs
> checks" command however reports that the host is down.

Was pointed out to me yesterday when I was attempting to help someone with
a similar problem that RedHat 9 uses the "NPTL" pthreads. So, either of
the pthreaded or the LWP fileserver will only show one process.

Do you have all relevant (glibc) updates applied? If so, while the
fileserver is nonresponsive, can you attach with gdb and get a backtrace?