[OpenAFS] releasing volumes problems...please help

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 00:07:50 -0400 (EDT)

(redirected reply back to openafs-info; reply there rather than to me)

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Rogelio Bazán Reyes wrote:

> I have already check that the CellServDB files are the same, and that
> the VLServer process is running in the dbservers...this looks like the
> vlserver is not running on the dbserver, isn´t it?

that's what it looks like. other possibilities:

-clients trying to talk to one machine running a vlserver that isn't any
of the real ones, and is confused

-time out of bounds or something else interfering with election.

Check the VLLog on all your vlservers. Also, try udebug:
udebug (name.of.vlserver) 7003

all but one should say "I am not sync site" and tell you who "Last yes
vote" was for, and that one should hopefully be telling you it's sync site
and that it got yes votes from all the others.