[OpenAFS] Second fileserver setup

Cajus Pollmeier c.pollmeier@gmx.net
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 00:52:24 +0200

On Samstag, 11. Oktober 2003 00:16, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
> > Ok - CellServDB only contains
> >
> > >testnet.local    #Testnet
> >
> > 10.3.64.2      #afs-1.testnet.local
> >
> > on both machines, vlserver is running on afs-1:
>
> In both places on both machines?
> (In transarc paths mode, /usr/vice/etc and /usr/afs/etc; Of course if you
>  compiled yourself you could have specified elsewhere)
>
> > Instance fs, (type is fs) currently running normally.
> >     Auxiliary status is: file server running.
> >     Process last started at Fri Oct 10 23:36:37 2003 (8 proc starts)
> >     Last exit at Fri Oct 10 23:36:37 2003
> >     Last error exit at Fri Oct 10 23:36:37 2003, by scanner, by exiting
> > with code 2 Command 1 is '/usr/lib/openafs/fileserver'
> >     Command 2 is '/usr/lib/openafs/volserver'
> >     Command 3 is '/usr/lib/openafs/salvager'
> >     Command 4 is '/usr/lib/openafs/vlserver'
>
> Uh, no. Your fs bnode is wrong. Wherever you found the insstructions
> telling you to run filserver volserver salavager vlserver is incorrect.
>
> bos delete afs-1 fs
> bos create afs-1 fs /usr/lib/openafs/fileserver /usr/lib/openafs/volserver
> /usr/lib/openafs/salvager
>
> no more paths. just those.

Ok. It now shows up without the vlserver, but the problem is still present :-(

I did some more traces:

fileserver process on afs-2 does a sendmsg to afs-1 udp port 7002. There the
ptserver is listening. This one sends messages back to another fileserver process
(not the same pid) on afs-2 udp port 7000.

Sadly I don't know what they are talking about :-/

The other fileserver processes running on afs-2 are not traceable - one just shows
nothing, the other one tells --- SIGSTOP (Stopped (signal))---

Not giving up, but going to sleep now,
Cajus