[OpenAFS] Backup and restore whole partition

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:25:22 +0200

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 02:13:07PM +0200, Lukas Kubin wrote:

> What's the most clean way to backup and restore whole AFS partition
> (partition mounted as /vicepa). I need to resize partition containing AFS
> data.

"vos dump" for all modules on the partition, then resize, then "vos restore".
Better yet: "vos move" to another server / partition, then resize, then
"vos move" back. This way, you won't have any interruption.

HTH! Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/