[OpenAFS] Ammunition

Chris (Ducky) Chapin cchapin@qualcomm.com
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:19:55 -0700 (PDT)

Not that I would consider this a truely large install, but at one point
Qualcomm had around 6000 unix hosts (90% solaris) using AFS (6 or so file
servers 4 db servers).

Through spin-offs and the like, Qualcomm's down to about half that (60%
solaris, with linux climbing fast), using 7 file servers in 3 campuses and
two cells.

Qualcomm still uses NFS (appliances) for homedirs and work data, but AFS
has proven far superior for static internal data, application
distribution, web site staging, and configuration management/distribution.

-Chris

--

 Christopher 'Ducky' Chapin
 Unix Systems Administrator - Qualcomm, Inc.