[OpenAFS] Debian setup problems (afs rootvol and afs-newcell)

Matt Weatherford mbw@u.washington.edu
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:57:05 -0700

Folks,

Im having lots of trouble getting the setup under debian to work
... Im getting bound up in afs-newcell (protection database exists
errors) or in afs-rootvol (fs:'/afs': Connection timed out, Failed: 256)

which repository/version do you think works best,
I can set my apt-sources to:

1) www.openafs.org 1.2.9
2) www.openafs.org 1.2.10
3) debian.org

And then I can still choose unstable, testing, or stable from these
choices. Yes! 9 total combinations possible! I've been using
testing mostly...

Which is going to allow me to get past the afs-rootvol script?

Openafs 1.2.9 seems to have the  afs-newcell (protection database exists
errors)

Openafs 1.2.10 gives me errors during  afs-rootvol (fs:'/afs':
Connection timed out, Failed: 256)

Ive installed and removed so many versions of Openafs trying to find a
working one, that my eyes are now both crossed. Good news is that Im
getting better at it, and have the kerberos 5 stuff working, as far
as I can tell. And yes, when I switch between versions, I also change
the afs kernel module between the 1.2.9 and 1.2.10 versions.

BTW: Woody, 2.4.22 Kernel

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt