[OpenAFS] RedHat Enterprise 3 srpm compile errors

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
24 Oct 2003 11:52:51 -0400

John Koyle <jkoyle@rfpdepot.com> writes:

> In file included from ../afs/sysincludes.h:71,
>                  from ../afs/afs_analyze.c:19:
> linux/mm.h:203: syntax error before "pte_addr_t"

What's around lines 200-205 in linux/mm.h?

> Removing the REDHAT_FIX define allows the system to compile without
> errors, but I assume that it's there for a reason, and given that it's
> causing an error in the memory mapping I don't want to assume anything.

Well, REDHAT_FIX is used because with RHL we needed to define our own
"/boot/kernel.h" to build for different kernels other than the
currenly-running version.  It's QUITE possible that the enterprise
distribution does things somewhat differently such that this RHL
workaround no longer works, or works differently.

Another thing to do is take a look at /boot/kernel.h on your system
and see what it says?

> Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> John