[OpenAFS] Fileserver hang

Derek T. Yarnell derek@cs.umd.edu
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:12:30 -0500

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 07:51:52PM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Derek T. Yarnell wrote:
>

> > > New Pthread Library support? Is your libc up to date? If so, try the lwp
> > > fileserver and see if it goes away?
> >
> > libc is up to date (w/ up2date as is the rest of the system)
> >
> > What is the lwp fileserver?
>
> The old threading model.

How do you go back to the old threading model? I don't see an option in
the openafs configure (source, 1.2.10a). Are you saying I should be
going back to something like redhat 8?

> > Is there anyway to increase the debug on the afs server processes?
>
> Yeah, but it's not going to help you if it's what I think it is.
> kill -TSTP (pid of fileserver)

This will not kill the fileserver, just start debuging on it, will it
just start logging more to /usr/afs/logs/FileLog ?

--
---
Derek T. Yarnell