[OpenAFS] newbie OpenAFS troubles

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:27:12 -0500

"Mehta, Rohit" <rohitm@engr.uconn.edu> writes:

> I thought that aklog provided by Debian's openafs-krb5 eliminated
> the need for krb524d.  I guess my alternatives now are use aklog and
> run krb524d or use gssklog.

Well, gssklog requires gssklogd, so in either case you're still
running a "token generation server".  The benefit of aklog is that
_eventually_ someone could write a more intelligent version that did
NOT require the krb524d step....  But nobody has written that, yet.
You're welcome to do it and submit the code :)

> Thanks for the help!
>
> Rohit

-derek