[OpenAFS] Using OpenAFS with existing Kerberos servers

David Howells dhowells@redhat.com
Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:57:59 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to use my AFS server with an existing Kerberos setup. However, this
does not seem to be possible as the kaserver program apparently wants to be
its own isolated kerberos server.

Is there any way to bypass the kaserver, and have the other server programs go
direct to my KDC? Or is it possible to instruct kaserver to chain queries to
another KDC? Or is there a possibility that the AFS server can be registered
in the KDC as a Kerberised application, with a shared secret between the KDC
and the AFS server?

Thanks for your help,
David